1. Turn off the furnace or boiler as summer approaches.
2. Set the thermostat back 5 to 10 degrees at bedtime or when you are away from home for an extended time.
3. Adjust humidity levels. The recommended range is 40% – 60%. Higher relative humidity levels allow people to feel more comfortable at lower temperatures.
4. Caulk and weatherstrip around doors and windows, and/or add insulation to the attic, wall, and floors.
5. Consult with your oil dealer about the possibility of lower temperature settings on the boiler or furnace controls.
6. Consider installing a storage tank or a stand-alone hot water heater if your boiler heats your domestic hot water with a tankless coil.
7. Gradually reduce the temperature in your home during the winter months. You'll soon find the lowest level that is comfortable for you.
Look for a 1/4" hole in the smoke pipe near the boiler or furnace. The unit has not been tested unless there is a hole to insert the combustion testing equipment probes into. This hole must be between the furnace and draft diverter or damper.
Since our business is built on your satisfaction, you can count on us for thorough work. A professional tune-up by our expert service technician includes
1. Cleaning & Inspecting the Burner & Heat Exchanger
2. Preventing Small Problems from Becoming Big Ones
3. Adjusting Your System to Run at Peak Efficiency
4. Testing All Safety Controls
5. Lubricating Moving Parts
6. Testing the System to Ensure Environmentally Safe Emission Levels
7. Removing Carbon That Can Shorten the Life of Your Equipment
The time of year has no impact on the benefits to your unit, but during the warm months, you will get the most convenient appointment times.
Tests have proven that a heating system tune-up can save you up to 10% on your annual fuel costs.
For more valuable heating and cooling information, contact
in Leominster, Massachusetts
servicing all of Worcester and Middlesex counties.